The 42, at Chowringhee, Kolkata
268 M tall (65 sty) high end residential tower completed, Currently the tallest building in Kolkata and one of the tall buildings in India. Iconic Tower using high performance facades and cladding systems, BES scope covering concept to completion for The-42 Kolkata building facades.
The-42 kolkata building facades proposed with simple and elegant architectural design intent having large glazed windows and painted concrete elements. Living room uses curtain wall glazing with shading and all corner rooms has been designed for increased transparency to maximise the views.
Triple height Entrance lobby facade (14M tall) using Bespoke designs by BES, uses Vertical Aluminium mullion system (No horizontal frames) this has given highly transparent facades at the building entrances and lobby. All rooms of the apartments were provided natural ventilation in the form operable glazed windows on the facades. High performance Low E coated glasses used for tower facades, lead to improved thermal comfort for occupants.
Client : Alcove Realty
Architect : Hafeez Contractor
Project Status : Competed
Scope : Building Envelope design and Consultancy
What we did
Facade Design & Engg.
BES Value Add:
- Structural design as per wind pressures derived from wind tunnel reports
- Robust facade designs to withstand frequent regional storms
- Detailed engineering design to arrive economical design yet robust design
- Advance engineering to meet highly challenging design requirements such as high wind pressures and weather proof conditions
- Bespoke Lobby facade for triple height (14 M High) using vertical member only Without Horizontal
- Performance Test specified and witnessed by the BES, designs were verified for most severe cyclone wind conditions
- The-42 kolkata building facades were successfully implemented with high quality and robust facade design solutions.