Oromia Media Complex, Addis Ababa
G+11 sty Media complex building for Oromia Broadcasting Network (OBN) will make the regional-state owned broadcaster the first in the media industry to own a state of the art headquarters Network, follows international standards and specifications, which will be used for the government broadcasting company. BES has been appointed by the client for full scope of services covering building facade designs from concept to site completion.
Architectural design intent of media-complex-ethiopia, proposed with interesting design elements using irregular patterns of glazing and cladding with reveal details at the floor levels. Glass units featured with Jumbo size glasses with more than 5.5 M tall single units. Skylight at the terraces, BES has used Advanced 3D techniques to resolve complex geometry and prepared Good for Construction drawings.
Building envelopes are designed to meet energy efficient facades and proposed with high performance materials. Glazing and cladding were designed by BES which will use pre-fabricated facades to achieve higher level of quality standards. High level Acoustic (noise) insulation of facades are required to meet media and studios comfort levels. BES in-house expertise on Acoustics has helped to achieve high performance noise insulation of facade systems.
Client : Oromia Urban Development and Housing Bureau
Architect : Engineering Corporation of Oromia
Project Status : Building Facade Works in-Progress
Scope : Building Envelope designs and Consultancy Services
What we did
Facade Design & Engg.
BES Value Add:
- Bespoke facades integrated with variable panel width including cladding and glazing panels
- Using Jumbo size glass units, 5.5 m single glass panels with Unitised facade panels for envelope of media-complex-ethiopia
- Well resolved design and details, avoid construction stage re-designs
- 3d documentations for ease of implementations
- Cost effective design solutions and complying with international standards
- high performance materials and energy efficient facades
- Working experience with Chinese contractor
- Material checking and Fabrication inspections in China